|With the generous help from the Central Government, various forms of scholarship and interest free loans are provided by the Govt. of Gujarat. This facility is available every year to the students of Std. 10th and Std.12th. An advertisement regarding the same appears every year during June or July. The applications for the scholarships can be made by filing a form and submitting the same to: The Commissioner for Higher Education ( Gujarat ), 12 Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Juna Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar – 10. The inquiries related to the application can be made to the Accounts Officer. The information regarding the same can also be obtained from the office of the education officer from the respective districts.|
|The scholarship provided by the Govt. of Gujarat is as under: |
|(1) Gujarat State higher education scholarship (For approx. 900 students)|
(2) Gujarat state interest free loan (620)
(3) Scholarship to teachers’ children (35)
(4) Gujarat State Post SSC intra-state scheme (30)
(5) Gujarat state tribal belt resident’s higher education scheme (15)
(6) Central Government Loan (100)
(7) Scholarship for higher education in Hindi.
(8) National Merit Scholarship (1440)
(9) Sanskrit Scholarship (100)
(10) Sanskrutik Pratima Scholarship (900)
(11) National Talent Search (examination oriented) (750) – There are minor changes in these details every year.
|A certain special scholarships are also available other than those discussed above. The various departments of the Gujarat state government manage those scholarships. The details are as under:|
|1. Sports person Scholarship – to avail this scholarship, please contact: The Director for the Youth Cultural Activities, 11, Dr. Jivaraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar. Phone: (079) 23254091.|
2. For technical education outside Gujarat State, contact – The Director of Technical Education, Bhuj as well as The office of the Civil Surgeon, Civil Hospital, Bhuj (Kutch).
3. The persons belonging to economical backward classes can contact The Director of Vikalang
The government of Gujarat undertakes constant endeavours to provide scholarships for various sections of the society under different departments and it is advisable that the students should contact their school to obtain the details regarding these scholarships. The documents such as marksheets, income certificate, residential proofs etc. are required to obtain the scholarships. To avail these scholarships provided by the central government, contact: Section Officer, E4 Section, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, GOI, Curzon Road, K. G. Marg, New Delhi – 100 001.