|Terms and Conditions for Online Payments|
|These terms and conditions apply to the User who uses the Online Services provided for any payment made to State Examination Board (SEB), an autonomous body under State Department of Education, which conducts various examinations. Kindly read these terms and conditions carefully. By authorizing a payment to SEB through the online payment service ("the service"), it would be treated as a deemed acceptance to these terms and conditions. SEB reserves all the rights to amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. It is the responsibility of the User to have read the terms and conditions before using the Service. |
|The following is a summary of the key terms of this service: |
- Payment(s) through this Service may only be made with a Credit Card, Debit card or Net Banking.
- Before using this Service, it is recommended that the user shall make necessary enquiry about the charges or fees payable against the Credit/Debit card used from Credit Card or the Debit Card service provider i.e. the respective Bank.
- The credit card information supplied at the time of using the service is processed by the payment gateway of the service provider and is not supplied to SEB. It is the sole responsibility of the User of the service to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields are correct. It is recommended that you take and retain a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes, which might assist in resolution of any disputes that may arise out or usage of the service
- The Applicant agrees, understands and confirms that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to debit card/ credit card/net banking transmitted over the Internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud and that SEB or the Payment Service Provider(s) have no control over such matters.
- The service is provided using a payment gateway service provider through a secure website. However, neither the payment gateway service provider nor the SEBgives any assurance, that the information so provided online by a user is secured or may be read or intercepted by a third party. SEBdoes not accept or assume any liability in the event of such unauthorized interception, hacking or other unauthorized access to information provided by a user of the service.
- SEB and/or the Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error or delay in, or omission of (a) any data, information or message, or (b) the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message; or (c) any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance or interruption in any such data, information or message. Under no circumstances shall the SEB and/or the Payment Service Providers, its employees, directors, and its third party agents involved in processing, delivering or managing the Services, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, including punitive or exemplary arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of or any inadequacy or deficiency in the provision of the Services or resulting from unauthorized access or alteration of transmissions of data or arising from suspension or termination of the Service.
- The Applicant agrees that SEB or any of its employees will not be held liable By the Applicant for any loss or damages arising from your use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the Website, or any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions where such failure is due to circumstance beyond SEB’s reasonable control.
|Debit/Credit Card, Bank Account Details ;-|
- The Applicantagrees that the debit/credit card details provided by him/ her for use of the aforesaid Service(s) must be correct and accurate and that the Applicant shall not use a Debit/ credit card, that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. The Applicantfurther agrees and undertakes to Provide correct and valid debit/credit card details.
- The Applicantmay pay his/ her application/initial fees to SEB by using a debit/credit card or through online banking account. The Applicantwarrants, agrees and confirms that when he/ she initiates a payment transaction and/or issues an online payment instruction and provides his/ her card / bank details:
- The Applicantis fully and lawfully entitled to use such credit / debit card, bank account for such transactions;
- The Applicantis responsible to ensure that the card/ bank account details provided by him/ her are accurate;
- The Applicantauthorizesdebit of the nominated card/ bank account for the Payment of fees selected by such Applicantalong with the applicable Fees.
- The Applicantis responsible to ensure that sufficient credit is available on the nominated card/ bank account at the time of making the payment to permit the Payment of the dues payable or the bill(s) selected by the Applicant inclusive of the applicable Fee.
|No warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, is given by the SEBin respect of the operation of the service. |
|Disclaimer and Limitation of liability:-|
|SEB does not accept liability for any damage, loss, cost (including legal costs), expenses, indirect losses or consequential damage of any kind which may be suffered or incurred by the User from the use of this service. |
|These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of India and the competent courts at Gandhinagar shall have exclusive jurisdiction. |
|Any dispute arising in relation to the terms and conditions will be submitted to a sole arbitrator appointed by SEBunder the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and rules framed there under. The venue of Arbitration shall be at Gandhinagar. |
|Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. |
|All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the Student, or third party making payment, enters them. The site is secure and uses 128-bit encryption to offer secure communications by encrypting all data to and from the site |
The State Examination Board shall not be liable for any failure by the Student or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such other persons, during the Online Payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the Course of the Online Payment Process.
|Variations to the Terms and Conditions:-|
|The SEB reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time and the current version will be that published on this website. |
|We reserve the right to decline the acceptance of an online payment if your account is in default for any reason. State Examination Board may also make additions/deletions/alteration to the services offered, at its sole discretion. We reserves the right to withdraw the service at any time at its discretion. We retain the right to change the terms and conditions for Online Bill Payments, without any prior notice. |