MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
SSA-Gujarat is being monitored closely through a computerised information system to track the progress of the project interventions as well as effective utilization of funds.
To meet the requirements of the programme, the software package known as District Information System for Education (DISE) has been used. DISE monitors programme inputs and educational indicators. Information on expected outcome helps planners and implementers analyse programme impact and effectiveness.
The Management Information System Cell at the State Project Office (SPO), District Project Offices in all districts and Block Level Office in all Talukas have been fully operationalised with adequate infrastructure and manpower.
The series of activities undertaken in MIS can be detailed as under :
- Preparation of Annual Work Plan for SSA for all 26 districts and 4 Corporations
- Analysis of Household survey data and sharing upto village level. Particularly the out of school children and disable children were identified from the household survey. The details was shared upto village level.
- Continuous support to BRCCs by State, District and Block MIS personnel with regard to day to day use of computer in the office work.
- Implementation of DISE System all 26 districts and 4 Coporations.
- DISE data colleted & compiled as on 30th September from all type of Primary Schools (Govt., Granted, Private etc.)
- Implementation of Computer Aided Learning –CAL